- Pride: "I am better than you!"
- Envy: "I want what you have!"
- Avarice: "I want more!"
- Gluttony: "I'm still hungry!" (no matter how much you've eaten)
- Wrath: "I hate you because you insulted or abused me!"
- Sloth: "I'm too tired and depressed..."
- Lust: "I crave your bod!"
“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”
Wow! As the hippies might have said, "That's heavy!"
This basic insight--"I don't exist"--has many uses. Whether you are feeling full of yourself, embarrassed, offended, annoyed, or self-pitying, you can use it as a quick antidote--something to bring you from being caught up in your personal hang-ups or Klesha back quickly to compassionate awareness of yourself and others, all caught up in the "inescapable network of mutuality"--
- Breathing (with benevolence and gratitude for all life),
- Observing (with compassion, yourself and others),
- Letting Go (with selfless joy and openness to all things)
- and Abiding (in peace, with patience and a gentle smile)